Do you remember when you were a kid and you baked cupcakes with your mother, grandmother or aunt? Ok, we could also say dad, grandfather, or uncle here. You must have been so excited to participate in the process of actually making something yummy, frosty, and tasty to eat. The joy of bonding with a parent or family member and making memories in the kitchen is something most people never forget. Fast-forward to 20 years later, and now you have your own young children. You are a busy, working parent and juggling multiple responsibilities between work and life. One of the activities to make you smile and your kids jump for joy is to bake some cupcakes! This cupcake guide is perfect for the new parent who does not spend enough time in the kitchen but wants to maximize their fun with the kids.
You want to make baking a special event with your kids. Let them know on a Monday that you are planning to do baking over the weekend, so it’s a fun conversation topic over the course of the week. Let them in on the big surprise that you want them to make some cupcakes with you! This announcement to your kids should bring a nice reaction to their faces. Go ahead, and do a happy dance with your kids! Sing it – “We’re gonna make some cupcakes…They’re gonna be so tasty! (repeat)”
Making cupcakes is not difficult, especially once you find a nice cupcake mix. Part of the fun of making the cupcakes is taking the kids to the store first and picking up the ingredients. You get to go to different aisles in the store and explore the shelves to find the items needed to make your cupcakes. All the while, you’re enjoying the conversations and lessons around cooking.
You need to add the following items on your grocery list to bake some cupcakes:
1. Cupcake mix
2. Vegetable Oil
4. Premade frosting
5. Colorful candy sprinkles
You do not need a lot of ingredients to make these tasty little cakes.
When the day finally shows up to make cupcakes, it is time to celebrate. Hip hip hooray for cupcake day! Take the kids to the kitchen and get them their aprons. Time to get to work. This is what you need to do:
1. You need to get your oven ready. Set the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Get a nice, big bowl to combine all of your ingredients that you got from the grocery store.
3. Take your cake mix and drop it into the bowl. You’ll then want to add some water, eggs, and oil. The back of the cake mix box should have the correct proportions that you need for each ingredient.
4. Beat the cake mix and the ingredients for about two minutes. You’ll want to have your beater set on medium.
5. Pour the mix into the muffin tray, making sure to pour evenly in each of the cups.
6. Put the muffin tray in the oven and bake for about twenty minutes. You can check the oven after fifteen minutes to make sure that the cupcakes are baking correctly. Get a toothpick and push it down into the middle of the cake. Pull out the toothpick, and if it comes out quickly with no batter, then the cupcakes are ready!
7. Take out the cupcakes and let them cool down for about thirty minutes.
8. Grab your frosting and spread it gently over the mini-cakes.
9. Finish off decorating the cupcakes by adding the colorful sprinkles on top.
Now for the fun part…the taste test. All of the planning, shopping, and baking has finally got you to the moment where you and your kids are ready to try the cupcakes. Make sure your cupcakes are cooled down and ready to eat. We hope you enjoy the time that you have with your kids in baking cupcakes. Remember…cleaning up can be fun too!